Frequently Asked Questions
The Nehru Centre Library is located on the 1st floor of the Discovery of India Building.
The Library timings are Monday to Saturday from 10 am till 5: 45 pm. The Library remains closed on 2nd & 4th Saturday, Sunday and all public holidays.
The Library is free and open to all. There is no membership fees required to use the Library.
Borrowing facility is not available in the Library. The Library books are for reading and reference purposes only.
- A valid photo id proof is required to use the Library
- Personal books, laptop, bags, purses, eatables and water is not allowed inside the Library
- The Library space cannot be used for doing office work or personal work
- Mobiles have to kept on silent mode or switched off
- Silence has to be maintained in the Library
- Discipline and decorum of the Library should be maintained
The Library conducts various events like book review sessions, author talks, poetry recitals and many more. All these events are open to the public and free of cost. Those interested to participate will only have to register for the event. The registration is free.
Those interested to register for events need to scan the QR code and send an email to [email protected] to confirm their participation.
The Nehru centre library provides Xerox and printing facility to its users at affordable rates.
Any user who wants to make use of this facility can contact our helpdesk for further assistance.
There are six computer terminals in the Library all having wired internet connection. The OPAC can be used to browse through the Library collection without any charges. However, to use the Internet for searching or browsing other websites or content, a nominal fee is charged on hourly basis. Wi-fi facility is not currently available in the Library.